[ic] PayPal IPN

gurs at sbcglobal.net gurs at sbcglobal.net
Mon Aug 4 20:47:22 EDT 2003

On 31 Jul 2003 at 22:42, Terral Artis wrote:

> Does anyone have IC working with PayPal and IPN?
>
> Thanks,
>
> Terral

Hi Terral,

It is very easy to get working easier than any real payment gateway, but not as reliable
since you don't have control (customer changing his/her mind, customer computer
freezing up and that sort of stuff) over what the customer might do while at paypal.com
send you a payment.

This is how I have it setup as,

I added the appropriate columns to my  transactions table to store PayPal.
	pp_payment_status
	pp_pending_reason
	pp_payment_date
	pp_payment_gross
	pp_txn_type
	pp_payment_type
	pp_payer_status
Which store the appropriate PayPal variables.
I use avs for the address status from PayPal and auth_code for the transaction id from
PayPal.

I added (you could create a new payment method or just rename one of the others, I
prefer a new method much cleaner & portable) the Payment method for PayPal in my,
	etc/profiles.order,
	etc/log_transaction and
	ord/checkout pages.

I added a button with preset values to send to PayPal on my receipt page (it shows only
if the customer choses PayPal). I created a Payment Successful page and a payment
failed page. I use a php script to update my database.

I just remembered I still need to add the appropriate fields in the admin area of order
checking, not too much work.

Whenever I get done with creating a real address book which I started after finishing
this I will either post the PayPal code or send it to the ICDEVGROUP and if they wish to
add it to the foundation demo they could.

Best Regards,
G.S.