[ic] Search engine friendly?

Jonathan Clark jonc at webmaint.com
Wed Aug 6 21:08:26 EDT 2003

> I am new to the IC system and anyone knows that the pages generated by IC
> are search engine friendly? There are lots of tags, how this impacts the
> search engine ranking. Thank you.

If you want SE friendly pages then you need Interchange 4.9. This version is
SE 'aware' and behaves slightly differently when it detects a search engine.
This is not for the delivery of different page content, but the disabling of
sessions which makes sure there is no session id and page counter appended
to the URLs.

Standard rules then apply. Interchange tags have nothing to do with SEO.
Just avoid passing cgi params.

good luck in getting better positioning than us ;-)

Jonathan.

--
Jonathan Clark
Webmaint.com - Building Clever Websites   http://www.webmaint.com/