[ic] the result page and pass and read an URI argument

Danilo kosmo at trslab.it
Fri Aug 8 08:49:49 EDT 2003

Hi all,
I'm a new IC user. I use IC 4.8.7 on RH 8.0 and it function well.
to understand well the IC markup language I try to build a shop from
scratch.

the problems I've encountered are thats:

1. the [area search] tag  don't produce the expected result and give me
an error
    this is the URL produced
http://xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx/tutorial/search?id=SrTkVKni&mv_pc=866
    but even the result.html page exist in the pages directory IC don't
use it to present the data. why?
2. I need to made a search on four joined tables, and I can't find the
manner on how to do that with the one click search method.
    the ActionMap it is more complex for me, and I wnat to use the
calssic URI argument, even if I lost the Search Enginescapabilities
    I choose to build an URI  argument and use the arguments with the
[query] tag to made my search on the result page, but I can do
    only the first half . I can't find a valid method to read the URI in
the result page.

Thanks to all for any help.
Danilo