[ic] Interchange database problems

Michael Neilly mneilly at yahoo.com
Fri Aug 8 17:11:41 EDT 2003

A newbie here....

I have Interchange up and running and I'm
attempting to add forums. When I attempt
to submit the comments I get the following
error:

  Died in server spawn: Can't locate object method "dbh" via package
  "Vend::Table::GDBM" at (tag 'scratch') line 137.

Not sure if I'm missing a perl package or if
DBM just doesn't support what I need.

Since I want to switch to mysql anyway I
attempted to do that but I'm unable to get
interchange to be able to connect to the
local server.

I'm running on Windows XP with:

    MySQL, Apache and cygwin under windows
    Interchange under cygwin

When Interchange attempts to configure the catalog
I get the following error:

  table 'products' failed: connect failed (create) -- Can't connect
  to local MySQL server through socket '/usr/local/mysqltmp/mysql.sock' (2)

If I run mysql directly under cygwin I must pass
"-h 127.0.0.1" to connect. Is there a way to tell
Interchange to run this way when configuring the
catalog? Passing the -i option doesn't seem to
effect this.

thanks in advance
-M