[ic] Interchange database problems

Michael Neilly mneilly at yahoo.com
Sat Aug 9 02:42:39 EDT 2003

>When Interchange attempts to configure the catalog
>I get the following error:
>
>  table 'products' failed: connect failed (create) -- Can't connect
>  to local MySQL server through socket '/usr/local/mysqltmp/mysql.sock' (2)
>
>If I run mysql directly under cygwin I must pass
>"-h 127.0.0.1" to connect. Is there a way to tell
>Interchange to run this way when configuring the
>catalog? Passing the -i option doesn't seem to
>effect this.

I was able to resolve this by putting the appropriate DSN
entry in my catalog.cfg file. But.... now I'm getting the
following error which I can't get around:

  Had to create DBI::_dbistate unexpectedly at (eval 408) line 48.

I get this in the foundation demo store any time I try to
submit a comment on a product.

I'll probably try this on a linux box sometime in the next
few days to see if the problem is the same for me....