[ic] Problem with i18n: translation of custom pages?

Marc Brevoort marc.brevoort at armazemdedados.com
Tue Aug 12 16:16:37 EDT 2003

Hi,

Some time ago I customized the administration tool of Interchange by
copying some pages (such as order.html and item.html) to the directory
pages/admin and customizing them. Now when accessing the admin tool in
another language, those customized pages do not get translated anymore
(or could it be translating takes place before IC checks if it should
load a default vs. custom page?)

To make sure this wasn't caused by my changes, i copied fresh versions
of order.html and item.html over the ones in the admin tool, same
result. Deleting order.html and item.html from pages/admin results in
the pages being translated again, of course the customizations aren't
active then.

It seems few people use the combination of both customized and
multilingual admin tool, as the mailing list archives don't seem to
document this situation. Is there an easy solution to this problem, or
would it be best to make the pages language aware using ITL?

Regards,

Marc Brevoort
e-mail:	marc.brevoort at armazemdedados.com
web:	http://www.armazemdedados.com

Armazem de Dados, Informatica, Lda
Dep. Desenvolvimento
Tel. +351 21 910 83 10 / Fax. +351- 21 910 83 19