[ic] suggested changes to foundation

Jon Jensen jon at endpoint.com
Thu Aug 14 16:44:56 EDT 2003

On Fri, 8 Aug 2003, Paul Vinciguerra wrote:

> I'd like to suggest the following changes to foundation for discussion.
>
> The first diff addresses the fact that using result_grid always returned a
> price of zero.

Paul, could you explain why this doesn't work for you:

	$record->{price} = $Tag->price($sku);

But this does:

	$record->{price} = $Tag->price({ code => $sku });

Because the [price] tag expects the first parameter to be the code, and
the second to be a hashref. So it seems your fix is actually relying on
some unexpected behavior when the price tag calls item_price() and then
discount_price() with your anonymous hashref instead of a code scalar. I'm
not comfortable committing the change until I understand what's really
going on there.

I committed your other change to add op=eq to the bar_link simple search
in catalog_before.cfg. Thanks!

Jon