[ic] Compiere.

Cameron G ritontor at icenet.com.au
Sat Aug 16 15:16:06 EDT 2003

----- Original Message -----
From: "Jay Sun" <js9s at lycos.com>
To: <interchange-users at icdevgroup.org>
Sent: Saturday, August 16, 2003 1:14 PM
Subject: RE: [ic] Compiere.

> Compiere is more of a financial/ERP type of package, targeting
distribution/logistics industries,  and the e-commerce module is not nearly
as flexible as IC for the retail industry.  There are some merit trying to
integrate IC to Compiere, just like integrating IC to Peachtree, quickbook,
etc.

> It should be possible to do the integration by  setting up batch update.
Compiere requires Oracle at present, but IC can dump out a file Oracle
SqlLoader can understant, just like IC can dump out the file Peachtress and
quickbook can understand.

> J.
>
> --

IC?

> >Possible drawbacks: Compiere is running on Java, wheras IC is Perl based,
> >which would make any tying difficult.  Compiere currently requires
Oracle.