[ic] Product upload

Eric Odier-Fink odierfin at speakeasy.org
Tue Aug 19 09:55:18 EDT 2003

On Monday, August 18, 2003, at 10:54  PM, Anthony Minero wrote:

>>> Hello all,
>>> I'm trying to upload products to my database.
>>> I downloaded the products.txt file and just edited some existing
>>> products.
>>> then uploaded the file. When I upload with "add new items if
>>> present" it
>>> doesn't change anything. When I uploaded with "Replacing existing
>>> items"
>> it
>>> deleted all of the existing items and did not replace so now I have
>>> no
>>> items.
>>>
>>> When I upload now it tells me it's uploading and even shows the
>>> fields and
>>> content that is in the file, but the last line says "0 records
>>> processed
>> of
>>> 0 input lines."
>>>
>>> Any ideas of why this may be?
>>

>> try using the import rather than the upload button
>> good luck,
>> Tom
>

> I tried this but I still get the same thing. Could it be a permissions
> issue? I'm not getting any errors.
>
> --

I had similar problems (and continue to have some). A few things: Make
sure there are no non-standard characters (I was having problem
exporting from a Mac where apostrophes have a different character than
in Unix). Also, make sure you have a '0' (that's zero) in all of your
'inactive' cells (if you have an 'inactive' column). Those were two of
the things that helped me get over this one.

Hope this helps.

- Eric