[ic] Add new fields for the products

Jon prtyof5 at attglobal.net
Wed Aug 20 00:39:27 EDT 2003

> Ah yeah, that's right. Sorry, I forgot that one. I thought I read on a
> (backup maybe?) as well.
>
> Sorry about that, I'm still trying to figure out how everything works.
> Anyway, thanks.
>
> - Jason

The word is.. Top posting in IC loses friends..

> On Tuesday, August 19, 2003, at 04:46  PM, Paul Vinciguerra wrote:
>
> > I think you need to edit dbconf/<dbtype>/products.<dbtype> to reflect
> > the new
> > field.  Then you need to reconfig.
> >
> > Paul
> >
> > On Tue, 19 Aug 2003 14:49:12 -0400, Jason Lee wrote
> >> I think I'm correct in this and this pertains to what I've done to
> >> change my product table:
> >>
> >> 1. add the field in the db
> >> 2. add the field in the products/products.txt
> >>     - make sure, since this file is tab delim, that you add the
> >> appropriate tabs to the end of
> >>       existing products. also, (i think) the order in which fields
> >> is added has to match      in the db and this file
> >>
> >> I have done this on both MySQL and Postgres without any problems.
> >> I'm pretty sure you'll also have to restart Interchange so it will
> >> pick up the db change.
> >>
> >> Anyone correct me if I've mis-stated.

I do not believe you want to or need to edit the tableName.txt file e.g.
products.txt
I believe Paul V. has pointed out another missing step. Otherwise take a look
at
this from the Tips and Tricks section.
http://www.icdevgroup.org/pipermail/interchange-users/2001-September/012834.html

Jon