[ic] Different Prices Per User

Jon-Paul Kennedy jpkennedy at pharmology.com
Thu Aug 21 12:19:04 EDT 2003

Hi,

I am trying to change the price list per User definition.
I have 2 different prices that need to be used, PLOF & CONTRACT, this is
dependant on what the User has been given.
I figured the easiest way would be to create 2 identical db tables, PLOF.txt
& CONTRACT.txt, keeping the "price" column in both but containing different
values. Then in the USERDB set-up a column called "price_def" that dictates
whether the user logging in needs the PLOF.txt or CONTRACT.txt database.
When the user logs in, pass this "price_def" field into a session variable
and reference the corresponding table in every instance of a Search, a Cart
and the Checkout.
But, what I need to know is, is this feasible or is it a tad long-winded??
It'll mean throwing this variable around at virtually every page, to make
the pricing user specific.
Has anyone come across this before? And would I need to set a "scratch"
Variable for this????
I am slightly confused.

regards,

Jon Kennedy