[ic] CD Catalog

Marc Brevoort marc.brevoort at armazemdedados.com
Thu Aug 21 17:33:54 EDT 2003

On Thu, 2003-08-21 at 10:24, mnow wrote:
> Does anyone know of an easy way to convert a web based catalog
> to a catalog on CDROM?

I've had some success doing this by leeching one of our sites with wget,
but the catalog that we wanted to put on cd used parameters in the URL
like so:

http://website/page?param=value&param2=value&...

Unfortunately this method has a few downsides: It takes quite a bit of
time and bandwidth, and the results left things to be desired. I'm sure
there's a better way.

If anyone has more info about this and/or better suggestions (can
'generate static' in the admin tool help? What about using 'virtual
directories' instead of params?), I'd like to hear about it as well.

Regards,

Marc Brevoort
e-mail:	marc.brevoort at armazemdedados.com
web:	http://www.armazemdedados.com

Armazem de Dados, Informatica, Lda
Dep. Desenvolvimento
Tel. +351 21 910 83 10 / Fax. +351- 21 910 83 19