[ic] Add product category

Anthony Minero anthony at urbanscooters.com
Thu Aug 21 13:32:48 EDT 2003

First off I'm using mysql database and version 4.8.7.

I read through the FAQ's and tutorials and figured out how to add a new
category to my products database. I did the following:
1. Uploaded the new products.txt with the new categories at the top
2. renamed the products.sql file to products.sql.bak
3. added the new category names to the products.mysql database
4. Restarted interchange

Everything looks fine. I even checked my database via phpmyadmin and the
values for the new categories are there.
BUT, when I go to the spreadsheet to edit these new fields the existing
values do not show up. When I add a new item via the spreadsheet I can add
values for these new fields and they even get added to the database but the
values still don't show up in the spreadsheet.

Am I missing a step?

Thanks for your help.

-- Anthony