[ic] need help clearing tmp and session folders

Steve icdev at mrlock.com
Thu Aug 21 17:23:42 EDT 2003

> Subject: [ic] need help clearing tmp and session folders
>

> I have 38MB in the session folder and 275MB in the tmp folder. Am I to
> understand that these are temp files that can be cleaned off the
> server? If
> so can someone please help me do this? I am a PHP coder not perl.
>
> Thanks in advance!
> -Andrew

Here is a good start:
http://www.icdevgroup.org/i/dev/docfly.html?mv_arg=icadvanced04%2e04
http://www.icdevgroup.org/i/dev/docfly.html?mv_arg=icadvanced04%2e05

I do something like so using crontab:

01 2 * * * su -c "/usr/lib/interchange/bin/expireall -r" interch
45 3 * * * find /dirr/yourdir/interchange/locks/tmp -mtime +2 -type f |
xargs
rm -fv
44 4 * * * find /dirr/yourdir/interchange/locks/session -mtime +2 -type f |
xargs rm -fv

-Steve