[ic] Displaying diff fields in the admin

Sergei Voyakin svoyakin at hotmail.com
Fri Aug 22 17:08:49 EDT 2003

Ok, i've tried many times to change this, looked through the documentation,
did a search, but was unable to find any answers and hope someone can help
me here.

On the admin interface, I need to show Title from the products table instead
of Short Description.  Everywhere.  I am using Title as an identifier and
short description as a teaser for the product which can be several sentences
long.  As you can imagine, its a PAIN to see this short (long) description
popping up everywhere (cross-sell, up-sell, etc).  I was able to change it
on several forms by clicking on the meta tags and changing it from
products::description to products::title, but on certain forms it just does
not work!  I keep on changing, and it keeps on showing me the same Short
Description on forms such as Up-Sell, Cross-Sell.

Not sure if this is fixable, but i would really like to get this resolved.
I guess i can laways use the description field as the title for the product
and then add another field to the products table called something like
teaser, but I don't see why I should be doing this.

Thanks for your help