[ic] Does anybody have Matrix Options working?

Ed LaFrance edl at newmediaems.com
Fri Aug 22 11:27:13 EDT 2003

At 09:21 AM 8/22/2003 -0500, you wrote:
>I'm really needing a way to have distinct SKUs for various sizes of a
>product, but I don't want those products to show up in the normal product
>listing. More details in the previous message below.
>
>Any ideas?
>
>Thanks,
>Kerner

Kerner - I do know that matrix options work in the latest dist (4.9.8)
because I just set it up for a customer yesterday.

There quite a few differences in code and table structures to support
options between the 4.8 and 4.9 branches. I'm honestly not sure if matrix
options were fully functional in the 4.8 branch; perhaps someone else on
the list could vouch for that.

So you might consider an upgrade to 4.9.8. Once you catalog was running
under the new IC version, you would need to insert a column in the products
table called option_type. Also, the options table itself is different
enough in structure and use between 4.8 and 4.9 that it might be easiest to
just recreate your options with the new system instead of trying to port
you existing ones to the new table. Note also that their is a new and
necessary table called variants, and a couple of new/different directives
in etc/after.cfg that are needed to make it all work.

The payoff is that the matrix options in 4.9.8 appear to work well,
allowing you to customize description and product weight in addition to
price for each permutation. And the whole interface for creating and
managing options is significantly improved over the 4.8 branch.

- Ed

>On Wednesday, August 20, 2003, at 12:08  PM, Matt Kerner wrote:
>
>>I'm configuring a store on a 4.8.7 server to use matrix options and I'm
>>having no luck.
>>
>>I have a master product entered into the products database with the sku
>>05-093X. I've created a matrix, single widget option for the sizes of
>>this product. Each option has a distinct SKU (05-0936 - 05-0939).
>>
>>These options show up without a problem in the flypage.  When I try to
>>add the item to the cart the product does not get added. In the error.log
>>I see the following:
>>
>>Attempt to order missing product code: 05-0937
>>
>>What am I doing wrong?
>>
>>Thanks,
>>Kerner

463 Main St., Suite D         eCommerce | Consulting | Hosting
Placerville, CA  95667        edl at newmediaems.com
(866) 519-4680 Toll-Free      (530) 622-9426 Fax