[ic] help with sessions getting lost

J P wwwsports at yahoo.com
Wed Aug 27 00:42:49 EDT 2003

I'm having a bit of a problem with one of my stores
losing sessions that appears to be pretty random.  I
have two catalogs running, along with a dev catalog,
using 4.8.7 on RedHat w/Mysql. I am not able to follow
any pattern to reproduce the problem, but clicking
throughout the site and adding/having items in the
cart will lose the cart.  Sometimes it takes a few
clicks and sometimes it takes a bunch, but it's
happening pretty frequently.  And it only happens on
the one store, I haven't been able to recreate it on
the other live store or our dev store.

I've searched the list and found the issues about
ssl/non-ssl on different servers (not the case here)
and about dropping sessions in high/low traffic (we
are running in rpc mode).  We haven't been able to
track this down to any specific page that causes the
session to be lost, sometimes it's lost when viewing
the cart, other times it's lost just clicking on a
link in the main nav menu we have.  Other times I get
a 404 that it can't find the page nothing.html when I
click on an Add to Cart button.  We have sessions to
expire after two hours and run expire from cron every
two hours.  I have tested it on both IE and NN and it
happens on both so I'm pretty sure it's not a browser
issue (and cookies are turned on).

I'm stuck at where to start looking now, any
assistance would be greatly appreciated.

JP