[ic] posttourl.tag

Kevin Walsh kevin at cursor.biz
Sat Aug 30 08:06:59 EDT 2003

Ed LaFrance [edl at newmediaems.com] wrote:

>  From perldoc HTTP::Request -
>
>      $r = HTTP::Request->new($method, $uri, $header, $content)
>             Constructs a new "HTTP::Request" object describing a
>             request on the object "$uri" using method "$method".
>             The "$uri" argument can be either a string, or a ref-
>             erence to a "URI" object.  The optional $header argu-
>             ment should be a reference to an "HTTP::Headers"
>             object.  The optional $content argument should be a
>             string.
>

>  From perldoc HTTP::Headers -
>
>         $h = HTTP::Headers->new
>             Constructs a new "HTTP::Headers" object.  You might
>             pass some initial attribute-value pairs as parameters
>             to the constructor.  E.g.:
>
>              $h = HTTP::Headers->new(
>                    Date         => 'Thu, 03 Feb 1994 00:00:00 GMT',
>                    Content_Type => 'text/html; version=3.2',
>                    Content_Base => 'http://www.perl.org/');
>

> ...so in your case I think you would want to do something like:
>
> my $header = HTTP::Headers->new(
>          X_API_COMPATIBILITY_LEVEL => '305',
>          X_API_SESSION_CERTIFICATE => 'sensitive',
>          [etc...]
> );
>
> ...then pass $header to your http request per the docs.

If anyone's interested, I've created a [post-external] UserTag that
fills the sort of need described in this thread.  It's only been given
very light tests, so feedback is welcome.  I published it on my RTFM
website yesterday but forgot to tell anyone about it.  I have no use
for it myself, at the moment, but it sounded interesting.

Anyway, you'll find the [post-external] UserTag code somewhere on the
following page:

    http://www.interchange.rtfm.info/downloads/usertags/index.html

No animals were harmed during the creation of this UserTag.

 _/ _/    _/          _/ _/     _/    _/  _/_/    kevin at cursor.biz