[ic] Free Shipping On Single Item

Joshua Lavin joshua at kingdomdesign.com
Tue Dec 2 16:20:05 EST 2003

On Tuesday, December 2, 2003, at 11:08  AM, Victor Nolton wrote:

>> Looking for a way (usertag etc) to give free shipping on only 1 item
>> (item 58-0100). Yet I want to still want to use my standard shipping
>> lookup I Have.
>>
>> I've tried doing something to where the cost of the item is
>> removed/subtracted from the @@TOTAL@@, then in turn the standard
>> lookup is used. I failed.
>>
>> Archives have pointed me to free shipping on entire order, shipping
>> based on zipcode etc.
>>
>> Considering just adding a freeshipping field to the products database
>> and using that, but still not sure how it would be done.
>
> Wow, no suggestions? I would of sworn someone out there would of done
> this already.
>
> Perhaps it is time for another stradegy.
>
> Ven

I'm doing free shipping on one item by checking for that item on the
checkout page, and if ordered, erasing the shipping, but only if they
haven't selected a faster shipping method (my default is 'flat'). It's
pretty limited, but here's the code:

[if ordered 1003227]
[and value mv_shipmode eq "flat"]
   [assign shipping=0.00]