[ic] indirect login with unique column

Mike Heins mike at perusion.com
Tue Dec 2 19:20:28 EST 2003

Quoting Bill Carr (bill at worldwideimpact.com):
> IC 4.9.9, MySQL 4.0.16
>
> I have indirect_login set to email in my UserDB config. I also have a
> UNIQUE INDEX on my email column in the userdb table. This seems like a
> reasonable thing to do.
>
> Creating a new account was not working because of the UNIQUE INDEX. It
> worked once but would not work after that because the insert statement
> was failing with out including the 'email' value.
>
> I have made some hacks to UserDB.pm to fix this for myself. I will post
> the changes if anyone thinks they would be of value. Someone please tell
> me if I am just missing something here.

I don't understand why you think there are two INSERT operations.

If you are telling me that a subsequent UPDATE fails because the email
column is not included in the list of fields updated, I would say that
is a problem in MySQL. I see no reason that you have to include a field
on every update.

--
Mike Heins
phone +1.765.647.1295      <mike at perusion.com>

There's nothing sweeter than life nor more precious than time.
-- Barney