[ic] 500 Error after UI edit

Christopher Wenham cwenham at synesmedia.com
Thu Dec 4 11:41:25 EST 2003

On Thursday 04 December 2003 10:54, Interchange User wrote:
>         In MySQL, I altered a table to include a new field.  I then went
> into the admin UI and added said field to show up in the editor, and
> immediately started getting 500 errors as soon as I went back to the
> item editor.  This is what the logs tell me:
>
> 10.0.1.2 dhcggmaZ:192.168.0.100 - [04/December/2003:07:22:29 -0500]
> fmridc /cgi-bin/fmridc/admin/item_edit.html Runtime error: Can't use
> string ("price") as a HASH ref while "strict refs" in use at
> /Users/peter/interchange/lib/Vend/Table/Editor.pm line 3403.

 Are you using Safari or Konqueror as your browser?

 I saw this error once after using Konqueror to edit the UI, and the only way
I could fix it was to replace products/mv_metadata.asc with a clean copy from
the original foundation catalog. (You'll have to then delete
mv_metadata.gdbm, too).

 The problem didn't come back after I made the same UI edit with Internet
Explorer.

Regards,
--
Chris Wenham - Synesmedia, Inc.