[ic] Shipping depending on state

Ed LaFrance edl at newmediaems.com
Fri Dec 5 20:27:03 EST 2003

At 04:25 PM 12/5/2003 -0700, you wrote:
>I've seen a few references to the shipmode column in the
>products/state.txt table. As I understand it, using this, I can specify
>which ship modes to allow based on which state is selected (exclude ground
>shipping to Hawaii and such). My question is, how exactly do I do this?

Simply populate the shipmode column with valid choices for each state, then
modify the shipping selector code in include/checkout/shipping_address:

          <SELECT NAME=mv_shipmode>
           [shipping
             label=1
             mode=|[data table=state key='[default state A_STATE_CODE]'
col=shipmodes]|
           ]
           </SELECT>

A_STATE_CODE could be your state of origin or just about any other state
that makes sense as a starting point, until they specify theirs.

- Ed L.

Fair Oaks, CA  95628          edl at newmediaems.com
(866) 519-4680 Toll-Free      (916) 961-0447 Fax