[ic] Bundling and quantity discounts with matrix options

Jamie Neil jamie at versado.net
Mon Dec 8 09:23:09 EST 2003

Hi all,

One of my customers wants to do 3 for the price of 2 type offers on some
of their products. No problem I say, we can use quantity discounting:
set the base price to £10/item, set q3 to £6.666/item, and hey presto 2
widgets cost £20 and 3 widgets cost £20 as well!

The problem is, it doesn't work when you take matrix options into
account: 3 red widgets cost £20, but 1 red widget and 2 green widgets
cost £30 (different skus).

Can anyone suggest a solution? I'm thinking that some kind of product
bundling mechanism is required (which is also on my customer's wish
list), but I'm not sure how to tackle it at the moment.

--
Jamie Neil | <jamie at versado.net> | 0870 7777 454
Versado I.T. Services Ltd. | http://versado.net/ | 0845 450 1254