[ic] Re: Bundling and quantity discounts with matrix options (Jamie Neil)

Marem mui at fastex.dk
Tue Dec 9 04:15:39 EST 2003

> Message: 11
> Date: Mon, 08 Dec 2003 14:23:09 +0000
> From: Jamie Neil <jamie at versado.net>
> Subject: [ic] Bundling and quantity discounts with matrix options
> To: interchange-users at icdevgroup.org
>
> Hi all,
>
> One of my customers wants to do 3 for the price of 2 type offers on
> some of their products. No problem I say, we can use quantity
> discounting: set the base price to £10/item, set q3 to £6.666/item,
>  and hey presto 2 widgets cost £20 and 3 widgets cost £20 as well!
>
> The problem is, it doesn't work when you take matrix options into
> account: 3 red widgets cost £20, but 1 red widget and 2 green
> widgets cost £30 (different skus).
>
> Can anyone suggest a solution? I'm thinking that some kind of
> product bundling mechanism is required (which is also on my
> customer's wish list), but I'm not sure how to tackle it at the moment.
>
> --
> Jamie Neil | <jamie at versado.net> | 0870 7777 454
> Versado I.T. Services Ltd. | http://versado.net/ | 0845 450 1254

This should work..
Specify "price_group" field per item/SKU , than be shore, that the
CommonAdjust in etc/after.cfg look similar to this:
pricing:price_group,q2,q3,q5,q10,q100:, ;:sale_price, ;:price, ;$, ==:options

Check whether displaying of [price code=[loop-code] quantity=[part-code]]
appear properly in quantity.hrml (demo catalog)

/Marem
LinSoft IT (http://www.linsoft.dk)