[ic] extending database

Josh - 185 Performance josh at 185performance.com
Mon Dec 15 08:22:52 EST 2003

Hi all...

I am not Mr Database, so please excuse this question if it seems
trivial.
Interchange 4.8.7/MySQL 8.23/Apache 1.3.27

I run an aftermarket performance car parts webstore, and have something
on the order of 20 to 30,000 parts in my catalog.  Many of these parts
apply to only one automobile, while many others apply to many
automobiles.  I'd like to extend the database such that each part number
also has, say, 10 extra fields for specific car chassis codes.  Then I
can implement [somehow] a search routine where the user selects his
make, then model, and can pull up everything available for the car.  Or
conversely, a part can be selected, and in the description, all
applicable chassis codes will be shown.

Anyone have a suggestion how I can do this?

TIA,
Josh

--
Josh McClain