[ic] Images and the Admin UI

Philip S. Hempel pshempel at linuxhardcore.com
Mon Dec 15 20:13:22 EST 2003

On Mon, 2003-12-15 at 09:49, Ton Verhagen wrote:
> Quoting Philip S. Hempel (pshempel at linuxhardcore.com):
> >On Sat, 2003-12-13 at 09:51, Ton Verhagen wrote:
> > > Quoting Philip S. Hempel (pshempel at linuxhardcore.com):

> > allows
> > file or

> > then edit
> > the other

> ><snip>
> >
> > > Have you tried my suggestion of changing the 'Directory' entry on
> > > the 'Advanced' tab of the meta edit form as suggested in one of
> > > my previous postings?
> > >
> > > I use that solution frequently for my customers and it really works
> > > like a charm.
> > >

> >I have and all I get is none as a drop down list, I checked logs and
> >nothing to show me why your proposal would not work. I tested it under a
> >demo store on the icdevgroup servers and it works. I see that this might
> >work similar to what I am trying to do.
> >
> >I looked in my logs and see nothing as in errors.
>
> Has your catalog a sym link 'images' to the images directory in html space?

Underneath the catalog root is an images directory. I use the "image"
tag and I know if this does not work my images would not show up.

I can say this that in the admin UI display of many of my images do not
work. I can click on the links to them and see the image but many just
do not show up.

I am not sure if not being able to find the images for display is
related or not. I just can't understand how the image tag works for
everything under the store but not the admin UI, but I can't just click
on the image links and they are displayed.

> Best regards,
>
> Ton

BTW I am using a Debian install.
I have never in the past have had many problems, images just seems to
be an issue for some reason.

Thanks again