AW: [ic] COD Payment/Handling Charge

Stephan Becker stephan.becker at blue-imotion.de
Wed Dec 17 08:12:55 EST 2003

>> Hello *,
>>
>> Actually I have a problem how to configure COD Charges.
>>
>> If I select COD as Payment IC shows a line that a amount of 0.00$
will
>> be added. Where and how I have to specify this amount ?
>>
>> Within new_browser_payment I found:
>>
>> [msg arg.0="[handling cod]"]There will be a %s charge added for
COD.[/msg]

>> Anyone there who can help me out of this pit ?
>
> Steve Streich [sstreich at streichs.com] wrote:
>
>In my shipping.asc file I added these lines to include handling based
on a dollar value per order:
>handling Handling Charge [subtotal noformat=1] 0 0 0  {'PriceDivide' =>
"1",}
>handling Handling Charge [subtotal noformat=1] .01 14.99 1.50
{'PriceDivide' => "1",}
>handling Handling Charge [subtotal noformat=1] 15.00 29.99 1.15
{'PriceDivide' => "1",}
>handling Handling Charge [subtotal noformat=1] 30.00 49.99 0.75
{'PriceDivide' => "1",}

>Then set the handling in the catalog.cfg file.

Well, ok, Now I have a special Shipping called 'handling'.
But what do you mean with 'Then set the handling in the catalog.cfg
file.' ?
Please give me a ´lill hint what to enter where at catalog.cfg.

And how is this related to the value calculated by:
[msg arg.0="[handling cod]"]There will be a %s charge added for
COD.[/msg]

I would like to understand how this mechanism is working.

Regards
Stephan