[ic] problem with images for buttons in account.html

Ed LaFrance edl at newmediaems.com
Fri Dec 19 12:57:08 EST 2003

At 05:24 PM 12/19/2003 +0000, you wrote:
>At 16:54 19/12/2003, you wrote:
>>At 12:17 AM 12/19/2003 +0000, you wrote:
>>>Hi Folks,
>>>
>>>I'm working on account.html and I'm trying to use images in pace of the
>>>standard buttons as provided by the browser. I'm using IC 4.8.7 and Perl
>>>5.6.1 under Linux.
>>>
>>>At the moment I have the "save account info" button as an image and the
>>>"save and checkout" button as a standard submit button using the
>>>following working code as found on the google archives:
>>>
>>><INPUT TYPE="image" VALUE="Save Acct. Info"
>>>src="__THEME_IMG_DIR__saveaccountinfo_button.gif" border=0 name="mv_click">
>>>
>>>[if items]
>>>   [set Save and Checkout]mv_nextpage=ord/checkout[/set]
>>>&nbsp;<INPUT TYPE=SUBMIT VALUE="Save and Checkout" NAME=mv_click>
>>>[/if]
>>>
>>>I've tried using the following code on the INPUT tag for the "save and
>>>checkout" button to use an image, but it doesn't work and I end up with
>>>a search results page when clicked. As a side issue the user data in the
>>>form isn't being saved either when the image is used.
>>>
>>>[if items]
>>>   [set Save and Checkout]mv_nextpage=ord/checkout[/set]
>>>&nbsp;<INPUT TYPE=image VALUE="Save and Checkout"
>>>src="__THEME_IMG_DIR__checkout_button.gif" NAME=mv_click>
>>>[/if]
>>>
>>>I can't work out why this doesn't work, or why I end up on a search
>>>page. Does anyone have any ideas what I'm missing or of another way to
>>>achieve this? I've looked at using the [button][/button] IC tag, but all
>>>attempts with that have also failed.
>>>
>>>Many thanks in advance
>>>
>>>Mark
>>
>>The [button] tag would be the correct way to handle this, and it should
>>get the job done.
>>

>>- Ed L.
>
>Hi Ed,
>
>Thanks for your reply.
>
>As I said above I've tried various flavours of the [button] tag with
>little success :(
>
>Would it be possible to give me a working example that I can tweak?
>
>Many thanks
>
>Mark

You need to add 'name=account_change' to the opening <form ...> tag. Then
all you need is:

[if items]
   [button
                   name="mv_click"
                   src="__THEME_IMG_DIR__checkout_button.gif"
                   text="Save and Checkout"
                   hidetext=1
                   form=account_change
           ]
                   mv_nextpage=ord/checkout
           [/button]

   <A HREF="[area ord/checkout]">[L]No change, go to checkout[/L]</A>
[/if]

Note that the [set Save and Checkout]...[/set] is no longer needed.

- Ed L.

Fair Oaks, CA  95628          edl at newmediaems.com
(866) 519-4680 Toll-Free      (916) 961-0447 Fax