[ic] problem with updating orderline

Ed LaFrance edl at newmediaems.com
Tue Dec 23 11:01:42 EST 2003

At 10:52 PM 12/22/2003 -0800, you wrote:
>Hello group.
>
>I've upraded to IC 5.0 and I'm using default gdbm databases. I'm getting
>an error "Attempt to write orderline::status::00014-1 in read-only
>table" when I update the orderline table via admin/order_status.html
>page.Anyone else having this same problem.
>--
>Scott Andreas <joscan at comcast.net>

Yes - it is a known problem. You are S.O.L. unless you want to rewrite that
code yourself, because the position of the ICDEVGROUP is that gdbm is no
longer supported in the UI and in all likelihood this will be enforced at
config- or code-level in future releases. FWIW, the 'ship checked
automatically' from the Orders list should still work. The real solution is
to switch to one of the supported external dbms, which is really the only
sane choice for serious projects anyway.

- Ed

Fair Oaks, CA  95628          edl at newmediaems.com
(866) 519-4680 Toll-Free      (916) 961-0447 Fax