[ic] Unexpected interpolation of [discount-price]

John Rennie interchange-users@icdevgroup.org
Wed Feb 5 04:41:01 2003

Quoting Mike Heins [mike@perusion.com]
>Quoting John Rennie (john.rennie@thechampagneshop.co.uk):
>> Hi all,
>>
>> There are occasions (specifically when it's viewed for editing on a
>> page or component in the UI) when [discount-price] is converted from
>> tag into $0.00, when it shouldn't be interpolated -- just as other
>> tags aren't converted.
>>
>> For example, create a new page, enter [discount-price] as the
content.
>> Save the page, then get the UI to reload it. The content is now $0.00

>> (just confirmed in latest demo on web).
>>
>> --snip
>> lots of waffle about what the solution might be, but isn't
>> --end snip
>
>I would be happy to fix this if I could figure out what you
>are talking about.
>
>Could you provide a small self-contained snippet of ITL which
illustrates the probem?

Yes, sorry it's unclear.

I've (just) created and saved a component called 'Test of
discount-price',
filename 'jdr' in the demo area 1, that just contains [discount-price]
as
the component body. Retrieval via file transfer gives:

[comment]
ui_component: jdr
ui_type: component
ui_name: jdr
ui_component_version: 4.9.7
ui_label: Test of discount-price

[/comment]
[discount-price]
---end of file
i.e., all perfectly correct.

If you view/edit this in the Content...Component editor, the component
body is $0.00 -- not [discount-price].

Alternatively, or if it's gone by the time you read this (I know it gets
reset
daily), then:
1. Create a new component (or page)
2. Enter '[discount-price]' as the body
3. Hit 'OK' under component body to save it
4. Hit 'Refresh'
5. Component body now contains '$0.00'

Hope this makes more sense.

Thanks,