[ic] GDBM is installed but IC says NOT

webmaster interchange-users@icdevgroup.org
Wed Feb 5 11:50:01 2003

Hi there,

at first many thanks for the support with my last problem (admin-interface).

The basics:
i am using HP-UX on Itanium with IC 4.9.6 and perl 5.8.0 (from a hp-depot)
and mysql

Since i made the "workaround" with commenting out "Database ichelp" entries
in catalog_before.cfg the admin interface is even accessable.

The problem:
I understand that i have either to get GDBM or Berkeley DB_File running.
If I do a "swlist" which shows my the installed depots - there is a GDBM
entry with version 1.8.0.

BUT ic (the admin-interface) tells me there GDBM is missing AND on many
pages of the admin interface I get internal server errors.

Thank you in advance!

Boris Hinzer