[ic] Help please! Charge operation failed error while processing creidt cards

Mike Kang interchange-users@icdevgroup.org
Wed Feb 5 18:04:01 2003

I've looked through all the documentation and how-tos and message lists I
could find and tried everything everyone suggested and I am still getting
the following message when trying to process cards through Authorize.net.

(authorizenet): Charge operation 'authorizenet' failed.

and

{
'MStatus' => "Unknown charge type: authorizenet",
}

Here is what I have done:
Set up a working IC 4.8.6 catalog using perl 5.6.1 Bundle::Interchange
installed.
Verified working Net::SSLeay

First I tried using Vend::Payment::AuthorizeNet module and have also tried
using the authorizenet globalsub from the interchange-4.8.6/eg/globalsub
directory.

In my catalog.cfg I added:

Require module Vend::Payment::AuthorizeNet

And have the following Route in catalog.cfg:
Route  authorizenet  id           "__AUTHNET_ID__"
Route  authorizenet  secret       "__AUTHNET_SECRET__"
Route  authorizenet  host         "__AUTHNET_HOST__"
Route  authorizenet  referer      "__AUTHNET_REFERER__"

In my variables table I have the following defined:

AUTHNET_HOST	secure.authorize.net 	Payment
AUTHNET_ID 		my_authorize_id		Payment
AUTHNET_MODE	authorizenet		Payment
AUTHNET_REFERER	https://www.my_domain.com	Payment <-- matches what is
setup at Authorize.Net
AUTHNET_SECRET	secret			Payment
MV_PAYMENT_MODE	authorizenet		Payment

I have also tried adding:
MV_PAYMENT_ID	my_authorize_id		Payment
MV_PAYMENT_REFERER	https://www.my_domain.com	Payment <-- matches
what is setup at Authorize.Net
MV_PAYMENT_SECRET	secret			Payment
MV_PAYMENT_TEST	TRUE				Payment

There are conflicting messages about using these variables.  Some wrote
these variables should be empty while others wrote they got it to work by
using these variables.  I have tried all manner of variations.  I noticed
though the globalsub referes to the MV_PAYMENT_* variables.

My profiles.order file has the following (I have tried both commenting out
and leaving intact the &credit_card line):

__NAME__                            credit_card
fname=required
lname=required
address1=required
city=required
country=required
[if value country =~ /^(US|CA)$/i]
        state=state_province
        zip=postcode
[/if]
&or phone_night=phone, phone_day=phone Must have day or evening phone number

&fatal = yes
email=required
email=email

&set = mv_payment Incomplete

[if variable MV_PAYMENT_MODE]
#&credit_card=standard keep __CREDIT_CARDS_ACCEPTED__
&charge=[var MV_PAYMENT_MODE][cgi mv_payment_test]
&set=mv_payment Real-time Credit Card (%c -- [var MV_PAYMENT_MODE])
[else]
&credit_card=standard __CREDIT_CARDS_ACCEPTED__
&set=mv_payment Credit Card (%c)
[/else]
[/if]

&calc = $Values->{mv_payment} =~ s/\%c/$Values->{mv_credit_card_type}/g; 1;
&final = yes
&setcheck=mv_email [value email]

__END__

I have followed all the instructions in these posts:
http://www.icdevgroup.org/pipermail/interchange-users/2001-March/005719.html
and
http://www.icdevgroup.org/archive/interchange-users/2001/msg11008.html
and tried all the things suggested in this thread:
http://www.icdevgroup.org/pipermail/interchange-users/2001/December/015490.h
tml
but it did not help me.

I have read through and tried the troubleshooting tips in the
AuthorizeNet.pm perl docs and tried the instructions included with the
authroizenet globalsub

Still zilch.  There must be something miniscule that I am missing and can't
see it.

Please help!!! Thanks

Mike Kang