[ic] Restart and stop problems (multilple processes)

Dorothy Puma interchange-users@icdevgroup.org
Wed Feb 5 21:55:01 2003

> This begs the question -- what Perl? Has an update to Perl 5.8 been tried?
> I believe changes have been made to improve this in the latest version.
>
> Also, have you tried:
>
>     LockType   fcntl
>
> in interchange.cfg?

Well, I am running 4.9.5 on a Solaris 8 machine with Perl 5.8. I tried
the LockType fcntl in interchange.cfg but it didn't work.

When I start the process the PID is written to the interchange.pid file,
but when I try to stop or restart it, the PID file changes and I get
this error:

The previous Interchange server was not running and probably
terminated with an error.
Killing Interchange server 0 with TERM.
Terminated

And the original process is still running.

If you need a test server for Solaris, I'd be happy to help in that aspect.

Thanks,
Dorothy