[ic] Authorize.net Not Working - HELP!

Paul Jordan interchange-users@icdevgroup.org
Fri Feb 7 14:44:00 2003

> We have been using Authorize.net with IC 4.8.2 for a while and it has
> been fine.  Yesterday morning Authorize stopped accepting our
> transactions.  The account is fine and no configuration on our side has
> been changed.  I called Authorize and they need the reason/response code
> for the transaction.  How do I find this out in Interchange, how do I
> turn on loggin for it.
>
> The message I get is "This transaction cannot be accepted." which can be
> any number of reason codes.
>
> Thanks,
> Michael

I can't answer your question, but i do know that AuthNet recently did away
with a few of their connection methods. they now have only SIM, and AIM.
>From what I understand they need users to deactivate weblink (even if you
never used it), and require the use of x_password, which never used to be
required.

They contacted me about my use of x_password, which I then set up. The funny
thing is I already had it set up, but they said I didn't, I logged in and
found that now the x_password is the same as the password to get into the
site. When I first sined up I remember there was a separate password for
x_password, now there is not. They never told me, and I am guessing my
original password (for ADC) was just deleted from their db.

They told me it had to all change by the 5th of this month... so it could be
related to what you are experiencing. You need to be on SIM, or AIM,
deactivate weblink, and the AUTHNET_SECRET should be the password you use to
get into the AuthNet site. At least that is what I had to do.

These notifications are sent to the email they have on file.

Paul