[ic] What am I missing? - USPS shiping problem

Dorothy Puma interchange-users@icdevgroup.org
Sat Feb 8 00:35:01 2003

Hi all,

I'm running IC 4.9.5 on solaris 8 with Perl 5.8

I've been trying to get USPS shipping to work. I've gone through the
archives, and followed the examples shown, but it looks like my "zone u"
is undefined. Am I missing a usertag or something?

http://www.icdevgroup.org/pipermail/interchange-users/2002-January/016822.html

I have added the UpsZoneFile to my catalog.cfg, added the Priority info
in my 450.csv file, I downloaded the most current version of the
Priority Mail csv rates file and modified it to match the Ground.csv
format. I added the Priority.csv.numeric file, I placed a Priority.dbm
file in my dbconf directory. I added Priority to the country.txt file
for the United States. I also added the following to my shipping.asc:

     criteria     weight
     zone         450
     geo          zip
     default_geo  45056
     adder        3
     table        Priority
     ui_ship_type UPSI

     min         0
     max         0
     cost        e Nothing to ship!

     min         0
     max         150
     cost        u

     min         0
     max         150
     cost        e Too heavy for USPS

When I restart I get the following error:

Bad shipping file for zone 'u', lookup disabled.

Then I get the following in my structure file:

'Shipping_zone' => {
                                'u' => {
                                         'zone_key' => 'u',
                                         'zone_data' => undef,
                                         'zone_name' => 'UPS',
                                         'zone_file' => '450.csv'
                                       },
                                '450' => {
                                           'zone_key' => '450',
                                           'zone_data' => [
                                                            'low	high
Ground	3DaySelect	2ndDayAir	2ndDayAirAM	NextDayAirSaver	NextDayAir
Priority',

'004	005	4	304	204	244	134	104	4',

'006	007	-	-	225	-	-	125	-',

'008	008	-	-	[1]	-	-	[1]	-',

'009	009	-	-	225	-	-	125	-',

'010	067	5	305	205	245	135	105	5',

'068	089	4	304	204	244	134	104	4',

'090	099	-	-	-	-	-	-	-',

'100	118	4	304	204	244	134	104	4',

'119	123	5	305	205	245	135	105	5',

'124	127	4	304	204	244	134	104	4',

'128	129	5	305	205	245	135	105	5',

'130	149	4	304	204	244	134	104	4',

'150	157	3	303	203	243	133	103	3',

'158	159	4	304	204	244	134	104	4',

'160	165	3	303	203	243	133	103	3',

If any one can see what I'm missing or point me in the right direction,
that would be great!!!

Thanks,
Dorothy