[ic] Pricing question

Denis Heinrichs interchange-users@icdevgroup.org
Sat Feb 8 03:14:00 2003

Mike Heins wrote:

>Quoting Denis Heinrichs (denis@cascadia.bc.ca):
>

>>Hi,
>>
>>Can anyone help me to find the best way to calculate the price based
>>upon the following criteria?
>>
>>Each user has a pricing level (retail, level1, level2, level3) assigned
>>to them.
>>

>Interchange supports this absolutely via its pricing profiles. Look at
>etc/after.cfg, then come up with something like:
>
>CommonAdjust ':retail ;:retail'
>
>Profile level1 { CommonAdjust => 'monthly:level1 ;:level1' }
>Profile level2 { CommonAdjust => 'monthly:level2 ;:level2' }
>Profile level3 { CommonAdjust => 'monthly:level3 ;:level3' }
>Profile default { CommonAdjust => ':retail ;:retail' }
>
>At that point, assuming you based your catalog on Foundation, you just need to
>set the price_level field in userdb for each customer.
>
>I do believe this is documented, and I do believe that many pointers to
>this would have been found if you had searched for "price level" on
>the web site.

I guess I don't really understand CommonAdjust, but how do I get it to
take into account
that for a 'level1' (or level2, or 3) customer, if the retail sale price
is lower to take that rather
than the level price.

I am assuming that for this to work, I need to change the price_level
field in the UserDB
to be an enum of 'retail', 'level1', 'level2' and 'level3', and that
when they login, their pricing will
be adjusted according to the above rules for their price_level?

BTW, I have read through everything I could find in the archives about
this but it can be very confusing
unless you are an IC expert.