[ic] Ok... Verisign, Thawte and InstantSSL

Sach Jobb interchange-users@icdevgroup.org
Mon Feb 10 19:26:01 2003

> Which one of these is best for high volume web site.

Well, there are two issues at stake here. In terms of SSL certificates it
makes no difference what so ever. I guess if you use a 56bit cert instead
of 128bit one it may speed up performance somewhat at the theoretical cost
of security, but i'm not sure how much of an effect that will make on the
overall performance of the site.

Payment gateways, that is the company that actually passes the transaction
information to the Merchant Service Provider (and then the bank), are a
completely different issue and should be evaluated separately unless you
are getting some sort of package deal (ala evilsign).

If you are fuzzy on the whole credit card transaction process, that is
the big picture, i would do a little research first (you can simply call
one of the providers and ask one of the sales people to help you through
it) and then come back and post your interchange specific questions to
this list.

Cheers,
sach