[ic] general info

interchange-users@icdevgroup.org interchange-users@icdevgroup.org
Mon Feb 10 20:54:01 2003

I read
                        Interchange users is the forum for discussing how,
when, where, and
                        why to use Interchange, the electronic commerce
software based
                        orignally on Minivend and Tallyman.

That is. I don know if I should use or not the interchange software.
I am new to the ecommerce world. I want to set up an estore with 10.000
products. Each product available in 8 different sizes. It means 80.000
items. Wow!  Sounds great.
The problem is I am not an enterprise company. And my products most of them
are out of stock becouse I produce them on demand.
I am ready to spend some money for interchange but cannot pay the money an
enterprise would easily pay.
So my question is how much energy needs to set up working an interchange
estore? And after the setup is needing a regular support ? To host it
absolutely needs a dedicated server?
Could you suggest me to use the interchange or best should I fly lower and
point in other directions? ( oscommerce, store front, miva?)
Any of your reply will very appreciated.
Giulio Balsama`