[ic] POS and stock

Sam Lown interchange-users@icdevgroup.org
Wed Feb 12 05:59:01 2003

Hello,

I am trying to help my parents out by setting them up a system for a
shop they are starting (for end of March I beleive).. Initially they'll
require a system for the control of Stock and Point of Sales, and very
soon after (if not at the same time), a web catalog and possibly web
based sales.

I'd like to avoid using any commercial systems (especially windows based
systems) for the same reasons listed in the IC documentation (lack of
scaleability, POS and web integration often difficult, I need to be able
to update/administer the system remotely with ssh, etc. etc.)

So, my question is, does anyone have any experience with using IC for
both a web catalog AND a POS/stocking system? I've looked through as
much as possible of the IC system and beleive that something would be
possible, however it would be great to hear of anyone elses experiences
or thoughts on this.

Thanks,

sam

--
CERN, Geneva
IT - Product Support - Unix Infrastructure