[ic] Wanted: Support Group

DB interchange-users@icdevgroup.org
Thu Feb 13 16:06:01 2003

> It is pretty obvious to me that there needs to be a separation between
> the advanced technical discussions going on here and a mail group for
> those people wanting to ask more simple questions about say, setup
> issues. There are enough geeks around that enjoy helping people with
> simple problems that would allow a beginners group to function and be of
> real assistance. But in this group it is obviuosly uncool to help those
> new to Interchange, an ego phenomenon that takes place in a lot of
> programming support groups like this. Do I think it is going to happen.
> No, obviously the problem stems from whoever has this setup. It is I am
> sure an extension of whoever created this program yet failed to take the
> time to produce any setup documentation.

I have not noticed this ego thing here. I find that even those of guru
status, including Mike, are happy to answer basic questions as long as
the poster has done some legwork prior to posting. One should not expect
to be spoon-fed. Many of the very basic questions have already been
asked and the answers are out there if you just look. There are also a
number of other sites with forums and other IC related information. If
none of them suits you, start your own mailing list just for IC newbies.

DB