[ic] question about options

Dorothy Puma interchange-users@icdevgroup.org
Fri Feb 14 14:47:00 2003

Hi all,

I'm running IC 4.9.5 on a Solaris 8 server with perl 5.8.

I'm actually upgrading a store from IC 4.6.5 where I had used the
pricing table to setup price changes for items using the CommonAdjust
and AutoModifier properties, which worked fine for my needs. But now
that I'm upgrading to IC 4.9.5, I'm moving this older store to work with
the new format of the options table instead. Everything is working like
a charm. I have tons of products that have sizes and colors with price
increases based on size. Prices get recalculated perfectly.

Where I'm having a problem is when I have an item (example: a jacket
with custom embroidery) that I want the customer to enter text for their
custom order. I setup an option with "text" as the o_widget, which does
show up on the flypage and the cart, but the text that the customer
enters does not get passed to the receipt page, the mail_receipt or to
the orders.

If any one has an ideas on how to get the "text" or "textarea" widgets
working, please let me know.

Thank you,
Dorothy

P.S.  Here is a snip from my options table:

code	o_master	sku	o_group	o_sort	phantom	o_enable	o_matrix	o_modular
o_default	o_label	o_value	o_widget	o_footer	o_header	o_height	o_width
description	price	wholesale	differential	weight	volume	mv_shipmode
o_exclude	o_include

970m						1
970m-sz		970m	size				1			Size	Small,Medium,Large,XL	select
970m-cl		970m	color				1			Color	Heather Grey,Royal,Navy,Black*	select

970m-cust		970m	custom				1			Custom Text	Enter your custom message
here	text