[ic] Shipping... please help! ;-)

Michael Goldfarb interchange-users@icdevgroup.org
Sun Feb 16 13:04:01 2003

>I posted a question a while back but received no responses; perhaps I
>wasn't
>being clear enough.
>
>All I want to do is select the correct price for shipping based on:
>
>a)  Country (either UK or non-UK)
>b)  Weight (set prices within given boundaries, eg. £2 for < 1kg)
>
>I have tried searching the archives and reading the docs but couldn't
find
>anything directly relevant.  If anybody has done anything at all
similar,
>perhaps you could just send me the relevant file or something?
>
>Cheers,
>
>Jon
>Version: GnuPG v1.0.7 (GNU/Linux)

First, you're not supposed to send PGP messages to this list which is
probably why nobody responded to your first post.

If all that you are trying to do is to setup your shipping costs to be
calculated based upon weight ranges, then try following these steps in
the Admin. UI:

1) Make sure a weight is entered for each item
2) Create a new shipping method with "Weight" as the criteria and
"Standard Shipping by Weight" as the algorithm.
3) Select the country(s) that the new method will apply to then click
Next.
4) Enter in the Starting and Ending weight ranges selecting "Number" as
the Charge Type and entering the amount you want to charge for the
ranges you selected in the Charge Amount field.
5) Repeat Step 4 until you have all of the ranges entered that you want
to use.
6) Make sure to Apply Changes