[ic] 'Enter Order' / UI Currency / Price Overrides / VAT on Shipping [again!]

Adrian P Wilkinson interchange-users@icdevgroup.org
Sun Feb 16 14:59:01 2003

Hi,

I'm using V4.9.7-200302150658 and have a couple of questions:

1.    When I go to 'Enter Order' for a customer the page is severely messed
up for one of the catalogs.  There is no heading and the HTML starts with a
<TD> line with a "Go to catalog" link and it cuts off after "Bold fields
needed to process the order" whereas another catalog running on the same
installation of Interchange's foundation applicaton displays correctly and
asks for payment details.

2.    I already have the stores using en_GB for displaying prices wih the
pounds sterling symbol (£), but everything under the admin UI still displays
using the US dollar symbol ($).  Is there any way of fixing this so that
admin prices use en_GB localisation?

3.    I seem to recall someone mentioning something about this the other
day, but is there any way of manually overriding prices in the 'Enter Order'
screen at the time of purchase rather than having to go and manually edit
the tables after the order has completed?  The reason it is desireable to
override immediately is so that an order confirmation email can be fired off
to the customer showing the correct pricing information.  Failing this, is
there any way of getting the UI to generate an order confirmation mail on
demand?

4.    Try as I might (and with help from Jon Clark of Webmaint: sorry, I
appear to have accidentally trashed the change we made the other day!) I
can't get it the store to add VAT to shipping costs.  My Tax preferences are
as follows:

     TAXAREA UK Tax
     TAXFIELD multi Tax
     TAXRATE UK=17.5 Tax
     TAXSHIPPING UK Tax

My salestax.asc file contains just one line: "default [fly-tax]" and the
relevant line in country.txt is:

UK      3       Europe-EC       UK      XDM NXTWRK URG1200 URG0900 SATURDAY
NOSHIP      United Kingdom                  default = 17.5%, food = 0

I want shipping to be taxed at 17.5% for all orders regardless of the
destination country.

Could anyone please shed any light on any/all the above issues please?  A
massive public "thank you" to Jon for going beyond the call of duty the
other day.

Regards, Ade.