[ic] instant reparse?

Marc Brevoort interchange-users@icdevgroup.org
Wed Feb 19 06:34:01 2003

Hello group,

The following script shows a problem that I have.

[perl]
    $url=$CGI->{myurl};
    $params=$CGI->{myparam};
    my $page="[set result][posttourl $url $params][/set]";
    return $page;
[perl]

After all is generated, this causes interchange to (correctly) fetch a
page from the web that returns some XML. I'd like to parse the XML later
on on the same page, for example

[comment] perl block above before this comment [/comment]
[perl]
	my $xml=$Tag->scratch("result");
# I'd like parse XML here
	#however, the following returns 'posttourl':
        $page=substr($xml,1,9);
        return $page;
[/perl]

Obviously, the variable called "result" hasn't been interpreted yet.

I've used 'interpolate=1', '[perl reparse=1]' (in both first and second
perl block) and [strip reparse=1] between the perl blocks, but so far
the webpage is only fetched after it had been needed by my xml handler.

The problem would be solved if a perl block could force an instant
reparse of a string with tags, something like

	my $result=$Tag->scratch("result");
	my $xml=$Tag->strip( {body=>$result, reparse => 1 } );
	# xml parsing goes here

Is there a way to do this?

Thanks in advance,

--
Marc Brevoort

e-mail:	marc.brevoort@armazemdedados.com
web:	http://www.armazemdedados.com

Armazem de Dados, Informatica, Lda
Dep. Desenvolvimento
Tel. +351 21 910 83 10 / Fax. +351- 21 910 83 19