[ic] perl code in mv_check gets executed despite verification failure

John Allman interchange-users@icdevgroup.org
Wed Feb 19 08:34:01 2003

Hi - I strongly suspect i'm missing the point of mv_check. If i am can
someone tell me the *proper* way to do this? I'm attempting to perform a
database operation with form data but i only want the operation to
happen if the form passes the verification successfully.

I have mv_order_profile set to myprofile in a hidden field in my form.
In etc/profiles.order i have defined myprofile. I have mv_check set to
performop in a hidden field in my form. Later on that page i have a
[seti performop]...[/seti] section with the code i want to execute after
verification.

The verification process works fine with the user being bounced back to
the page if the fields were not filled out properly and the problems
marked in red. Now i *thought* that mv_check wouldn't get executed
unless the verification was successful, but apparently it's getting
executed every time the form is submitted, regardless.

Assuming i've misunderstood the point of mv_check, what is the *proper*
way to do this?

thanks

John