[ic] 4.9.7 gpg problems

DB interchange-users@icdevgroup.org
Wed Feb 19 15:38:01 2003

> Quoting DB (DB@M-and-D.com):
>
>> swallow. I placed a test order hoping to receive the encrypted credit
>> card info in an email but instead the email said:
>>
>> NEED ENCRYPTION KEY POINTER.
>
> It needs what it says. Go back to Preferences and put the key selector
> in PGP_KEY. Then reconfigure.
>
> --
> Mike Heins
> Perusion -- Expert Interchange Consulting    http://www.perusion.com/
> phone +1.513.523.7621      <mike@perusion.com>

Ok, fair enough. I put the key selector in PGP_KEY and restarted IC. I
also tested gpg from the command prompt by encrypting a test file. I
then tried another test order and after hitting Submit I get an error on
the checkout page:

Credit Card Information: Credit card encryption failed: Inappropriate
ioctl for device

and in the catalog's error log appears stuff like

[19/February/2003:15:28:28 -0500] store /cgi-bin/store/process.html PGP
failed with error level 512, status 2: No such file or directory

[19/February/2003:15:28:28 -0500] store /cgi-bin/store/process.html PGP
hard failure, command that failed: gpg --batch --always-trust -e -a -r
'interch' >/home/morse/catalogs/store/tmp/pgp.XjHLhg6z.17543.out
2>/home/morse/catalogs/store/tmp/pgp.XjHLhg6z.17543.err

I suspect I have a problem with permissions... ic runs as user "interch"
and the store is ownerd by user "morse". Do you think I'm on the right
track?

DB