[ic] Interchange on FreeVSD?

Lyn St George interchange-users@icdevgroup.org
Wed Feb 19 17:57:01 2003

On Wed, 19 Feb 2003 21:26:08 +0000, Interchange user wrote:

>Is anyone using Interchange with FreeVSD? Any problems?
>
>Obviously, the hosting company would have to install Interchange, as FreeVSD
>doesn't provide true root access.

IC doesn't need root access, but it should be noted that FreeVSD is now
considered an outdated technology, based as it is on kernels prior to
'capabilities'. We played with it for a while, but use something with
recent kernels now.

>I don't know much about how this software works, but I'm wondering if,
>because it's not virtual machine based, editing IC source (like I had to do
>in Payment.pm, for example) could be a problem.

Depends on whether they install this part of the virtual server as links
from the host or as real files in your own userspace ..