[ic] Shopping Cart Minimum

Jon Jensen interchange-users@icdevgroup.org
Thu Feb 20 16:22:04 2003

On Thu, 20 Feb 2003, Bryce Tom wrote:

> Does anyone know how to establish a check-out minimum for the shopping cart?
> We want to disallow any checkouts of $50 or less.  And we want to alert the
> customer that they cannot proceed with checkout if the cart has less than
> $50.  Any ideas?  Solutions?

One simple way is to change pages/ord/checkout.html to print a message and
not allow the customer to check out:

[if type=explicit compare="[subtotal noformat=1] < 50"]
    (show error message)
[else]
    (show standard customer information forms, checkout button, etc.)
[/else]
[/if]

That goes by the subtotal, before tax, shipping, and handling. If you want
to go by the total order amount, use [total-cost noformat=1] instead.

This wouldn't prevent crafty users from circumventing the system, since an
order could technically go through for less than $50, but it would offer
them no way to do it, and should work fine for Foundation-based sites.

Jon