[ic] flypage - buy now, add to cart and cart display Q

J P interchange-users@icdevgroup.org
Thu Feb 20 19:31:01 2003

Hi all,

I'd like to rework my flypage a little bit so that I
can have two buttons on the page, one for buy now and
one for add to cart.  I'd also like to add those
buttons to where products appear in random and places
like that.

If the person hits the buy now button, I'd like to add
whatever is input in the quantity box of that product
to the cart and direct them straight away to the
checkout.html page on the secure server where they can
just fill in the order and go.

If the person hits the add to cart button, I'd like to
add whatever is input in the quantity box of that
product to the cart and then reload the flypage for
that product, except this time I'd like to display the
contents of the cart at the top of the page like it
does on the results.html page.

I'm guessing I probably need to create separate form
areas for the two different actions that need to be
accounted for (ord/checkout it looks like to redirect
them to the checkout on the secure server and nothing
it looks like for the return to flypage).

Also, I've noticed on the basket.html page, there
isn't a return to shopping link.  Is there an easy way
to add a link like that which would take them back to
where they were before they hit the link for the
shopping cart?  It needs to know I guess if it was a
product page, results pages, etc...

Any pointers?  Anyone done something similar they
could share?  Thx.