[ic] receipt.html not getting displayed

Interchange user interchange-users@icdevgroup.org
Sat Feb 22 20:52:01 2003

> > 127.0.0.1 NnAvRHnZ:127.0.0.1 - [21/February/2003:19:49:12 +0000] rmstore
> > /cgi-bin/rmstore/process.html Unable to send mail using Net::SMTP
> >
> >   (e-mail receipt)
> >
> > 127.0.0.1 NnAvRHnZ:127.0.0.1 - [21/February/2003:19:49:12 +0000] rmstore
> >
> > /cgi-bin/rmstore/process.html ERRORS on ORDER TEST0043:
> > > Error sending mail to interch:
> > > Can't call method "mail" on an undefined value at
> >
> > /usr/lib/interchange/lib/Vend/Util.pm line 1988.
> >

> > So is receipt.html not getting displayed because I don't have Net::SMTP
> > installed?
>
> You could have checked whether you had Net::SMTP installed before asking,
> but suspect that you have it already.

I did check before asking; it is not installed.

Would IC remain on the checkout page and allow duplicate orders /
transactions to be placed if there was an arbitrary mail sending error (such
as the recipient host being down), or does this only happen when it can't
even *attempt* to try? In any event, shouldn't the receipt page be displayed
regardless, so that the customer doesn't try to re-submit the checkout page?

> You probably don't have a line like the following in your interchange.cfg
> file:
>
>     Variable  MV_SMTPHOST  mail.yourdomain.com
>
> Add that line, if missing, and restart Interchange.

It's there, but I need to put in a valid hostname. I'm not sure whether I'll
be using Net::SMTP, sendmail, or what though. That's something I still have
to research.

> While you're at it, you may want to consider upgrading your Interchange
> version from 4.8.2 to 4.8.7.

Right now, all I want to do is get this darn store finished! ;-)

Thank you for taking the time to help.